How to process your Postal Change Address Online free resources and information blog, simply click…
To continue receiving mails and government benefits as you move to a new address, report your change of address.
Change Your Address with the Postal Service
To change your address online, kindly visit USPS.com/move. This way is the preferred method and convenience, an email confirmation of the change will be received immediately.
Or request a mover’s guide from your local post office.
You can also ask the United States Postal Service to temporarily change your address or hold your mail.
To forward your email at United States Postal Service there are two options, the regular forward mail or the premium forwarding service.
In regular forward mail, whether you’re making a long-term move or you’ll just be at a new address for just a few months, United States Postal Service mail and package forwarding services can send your mail to you.
How does regular forward email work?
- If you’re making a permanent move, use this service to update your address.
- If your move is temporary, you can use this service for as short as 15 days or as long as 1 year. After the first 6 months, you can extend for another 6 months.
- Direct your mail to a new address with a few clicks and a $1.00 charge to your credit card (the charge verifies your identity).
- Mail is sent piece by piece to the new address.
- You will receive a welcome kit with coupons from our partners.
In Premium Forward Service, you can get your email wherever you are. For a one-time enrollment fee and weekly fees thereafter, we’ll hold your mail, package it, and ship it to you each week via Priority Mail® service. Premium Forwarding Service Residential is a temporary service that can be used a minimum of 2 weeks up to a maximum of 1 year. Unfortunately, the PFS-Residential Online option is not currently available for PO Box addresses.
How does Premium Forward Service work?
- Enroll. There is an enrollment fee of $19.35 retail or $17.75 if you enroll online.
- Pay $19.35 for each week of service.
- Most mail is packaged every Wednesday and sent to you via Priority Mail® service. You will receive an email notification to your USPS.com account with the tracking number for each weekly shipment. You’ll also receive notification when there is no mail to be shipped. Your package should arrive in 1, 2, or 3 business days, depending on distance.
- Priority Mail Express® items are not held and instead are immediately rerouted directly to you.
- Priority Mail items are shipped to you immediately or included in your weekly package, whichever is faster.
- First-Class Mail® items that don’t fit in the weekly package are sent separately at no extra cost.
- Premium Forwarding Service Residential is a domestic service only. APO/FPO/DPO and ZIP Codes starting with “969” are excluded.
United States Postal Service is not the only agency you can approach when changing your address. Other federal and state agencies include:
Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Social Security Administration (SSA)
Department of Veteran Affairs (VA)
United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
State Motor Vehicle Agencies